Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On wiretapping

Don't want your phone tapped? Don't call folks in tribal Pakistan and talk about who they are having over for dinner. Simple.

And, yes, I believe that we're tapping those phone calls for a good reason and I have to believe its the right thing to do. Why? Because I have to believe that. If you don't believe that protecting the citizens of the United States is the most important job of the US Government, then what is there left to hold on to? What is the point of government? Is our right to avoidance of illeagal search and seizure a suicide pact? No- but I have to believe that the folks doing the tapping are Americans who have my best interests in heart. That's what I pay them for, afterall.

"The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them." President George W. Bush 9/11/01

And that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that.

No comments: