Saturday, August 22, 2015

Why I Am Voting for Ted Cruz: Forward



For the next few weeks I will be posting brief arguments for why I have decided to vote for—and campaign for—Ted Cruz. I want to be clear: my position that the race for the Presidency is an over-blown beauty pageant has not changed.  Congressional and local elections are more important to the lives of every-day Americans than Presidential elections. However, that argument only works when we have a President and Congress willing to abide by the Constitution. Sadly, that has not been the case for many years.

Senator Cruz enjoys the financial backing of many Americans, some of whom happen to have a great deal of money to spend on campaigns. You and I are not fortunate enough to have disposable income of that nature. Even a $25 donation to his campaign might strain your budget.  I’m here to tell you that asking questions, engaging in conversation, and spreading the Senator’s message are just as valuable as dollars during this stage of the campaign. By all means, if you can donate, please do so. However, please know that the donation the Senator really wants, and that I feel this country needs, is the donation of your endorsement today and your vote in the primary.

Information about Ted Cruz, his proposed policies, and his positions on issues, are taken directly from the Senator’s stump speeches and website.  https://www.tedcruz.org/  While I welcome your questions  and/or comments, I reserve the right to remove any comments on the blog or my Facebook page which are derogatory or slanderous.

I am not a paid member or official volunteer for the Cruz campaign.  All opinions expressed in this post and those that follow are my own unless otherwise attributed. I receive no financial remuneration for my endorsement.

Here is a tentative outline of my posts, each dealing with a specific issue or set of issues. I will update this post with links to the appropriate entries when they are posted.

1. Constitutional Conservatism
2. Foreign Policy & Defense
3. Foreign Policy & Immigration
4. Religious Liberty
5. Trade and the Economy
6. Right to Life
7. Tax policy
8. Education

No comments: